๑۞๑ Welcome to Djazaïriya - the Algerian Women's Support Community Forum ๑۞๑
๑۞๑Welcome to Djazaïriya - A Women's Support Forum for Algeria!๑۞๑

We pray you feel comfortable in your new home here!

Guests and New members :

This is exclusive women's only support group for women of all walks of life, all with ties to Algeria. Each member is a cherished addition to our community. We are accepting of others' viewpoints and opinions on this forum.This forum is for WOMEN ONLY. For impostors, or if you just register out malicious intent please fear Allah:
{Woe to every lying slanderer!} (AL-Humazah)

No backbiting, belittling or bullying is tolerated. As well as no Anti- Algeroism, anti-Islamism, re-publishing content from the forum without premission from the orginal author, solicitation or advertizing with agenda any business or site. This is a warm and friendly forum for all women to enjoy!

To register follow the commands and choose your nickname, a pseudo or your real first name if you like:
ex: Yamina, Um Dawood, Um Samira Abdullah ... etc

Any usernames that appear to be masculine will not be approved and will be denied access to the forum.

While this is a mainly English speaking forum, there are several language groups and chat areas for members to talk or post in their native language. Women from all backgrounds (with ties to Algeria) are welcomed warmly.

Dear Valued Member:

Please sign in to view the forum and get active in the conversation!

BarakAllahu fikoum! - May God's Blessing be upon you!

Have a blessed day! And enjoy your forum! ๑۞๑

๑۞๑ Djazaïriya - the Algerian Women's Support Community Forum welcomes you to your portal to all things Algerian! ๑۞๑

Forum  Sprucing up the place Empty  HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sprucing up the place

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Umm Faiza
Pearl
Pearl
Umm Faiza

Sprucing up the place Empty
PostSubject: Sprucing up the place   Sprucing up the place EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 3:52 pm

greeting
After the Eid and school starting, I will Sprucing up the place 681201841 go throu the forum again to see where improvements can be made, made new areas, delete ones not needed, etc. Please make your suggestions or requests on this thread. Sprucing up the place 1471749470 Thank you!
Sprucing up the place 2710916218
Back to top Go down
http://simplicitybythesea.blogspot.com/
umm-al-khair
Opal
Opal

PostSubject: Re: Sprucing up the place   Sprucing up the place EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 4:24 pm

Mashallah I often come here to see if there is anything going on... I'm glad you didn't close it. I think there are alot of sisters who can and do find alot of benefit from forums like this... :)
Barakallahu fiki heni xxx
Back to top Go down
LondonMuslimah
Peridot
Peridot

PostSubject: Re: Sprucing up the place   Sprucing up the place EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 7:45 pm

Salams.
I already thought this forum was never going to restart. I am glad to see otherwise is happening. But shouldn't you e-mail members to let them know, I didn't receive anything, just dropping by to see wether anything has happened.

What I would really like to see is more info on the bureaucratical stuff that expects one when one moves/wants to move to Algeria. You started with lots of topics but those threads have remained empty so far. I find that the most important info. Besides more on traditions, Derja lessons, what to expect or not from the people, news on the country.
Back to top Go down
Umm Faiza
Pearl
Pearl
Umm Faiza

PostSubject: Re: Sprucing up the place   Sprucing up the place EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 7:59 pm

Esalaamu aleikoum
It takes alot of time to start and keep a forum going, with 4 small children I don't that much time. That is why I closed it since I didn't have help. Now enchallah I'm trying to find helpers, as I see there are many issues in the forum (bugs if you will) with who can gain access. The rules simply is if you register then post intro then you should have full access. If you don't then everyone needs to speak up plz -- the premissions area for admin is very large too many to go throu with now i think 150+ members to check off access to each section and subcategory it needs time to go throu. Right with Eid I cannot but after enchallah.

I did send out emails throu the forum newsletter I'm not sure why you didn't get one Allahu allem. Like I said many bugs to sort throu.
Back to top Go down
LondonMuslimah
Peridot
Peridot

PostSubject: Re: Sprucing up the place   Sprucing up the place EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 4:57 pm

Salams.
Except for the initial emails when joining I have never received a single email.
If I haven't, maybe others haven't either. Something to look into if you want members to come back and liven up this forum.
Back to top Go down
Madame_Dz
Tiger's Eye
Tiger's Eye
Madame_Dz

PostSubject: Re: Sprucing up the place   Sprucing up the place EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 7:21 pm

In my opinion, it is up to the members whether the forum is 'alive' or not. If one is interested in asking a question, starting a discussion on particular subject, then one should simply do it, not expecting that the forum only will be 'alive' if admin will post a lot of new threads. We - members - create this forum too, so it is up to us if it is running or it is quiet.

People these days spend perhaps more time on facebook and various groups, where discussions can be more live than on any forum, I suppose that could be the reason why this forum or many other forums I know are getting more quiet. I think it is normal.

Admin has done great job creating this forum, but now it is really up to us - the members - whether there will something going on here or not smile
May everybody has a lovely day ! Sprucing up the place 2710916218
Back to top Go down
Umm Faiza
Pearl
Pearl
Umm Faiza

PostSubject: Re: Sprucing up the place   Sprucing up the place EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 7:51 pm

Well before someone mentioned on another forum (nonAlgerian one) that getting too many emails was annoying so I don't want to be annoying. I've only sent out 2 emails, after member signs on, then when I reopened the forum. I know some ppl got it since 2 sister replied to it, Allahu allem why you didnt get it LondonMuslimah, is your email current in your profile?

But Madame Dz is right even other forums I'm on I see they are dead, everyone is one Facebook. While I like Facebook the issues there are you can't easily find posted threads, they get lost so easily, who has time to look throu pages and pages of posts? On forums least it is neatly enchallah put into sections. Also I find on Facebook everyone mostly talks about or ask the same topics, all chit chat ... not much practial info is given Allahu allem.

I did and doing best I can, but I'm one person I can't do it all, nor can I make ppl post, encourage maybe make no. So I'm posting randomly and after I see member's interest.

I'm still looking for help, no rush but still looking. More help the better!

But I will tomorrow plan to resent the emails maybe more will get them and come back. I'll try my best but after my family comes first then these "hobbies" of mine. Enchallah some helpers will join on and things get shaking in here! =)
Back to top Go down
halima
Opal
Opal

PostSubject: Re: Sprucing up the place   Sprucing up the place EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 10:32 am

salam

its so nice to see activity on here again, i thought the forum was going to shut down.
Back to top Go down
Umm Faiza
Pearl
Pearl
Umm Faiza

PostSubject: Re: Sprucing up the place   Sprucing up the place EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 5:07 pm

Esalaamu aleikoum,

I just wanted to say to everyone that I had to stop going throu the forum, as I've had something in my "real life" come up and also I will be trying to spent more time homeschooling my little ones. The forum is really dead so I guess no one will be missing anything. Still looking for volunteers but as for now, things will stay as they are ... with no traffic there isn't much need for work.

There are women registering but not posting least an introduction. Iv'e tried to be very clear that to see all the forum this is what is needed, but maybe they are missing that part Allahu allem.

Also I've seen "my work" posted on other places, without my premission. Honestly, it left a bad taste in my mouth, but nothing I didn't get over. Knowledge should be accessible to all enchallah ...

Dzjk Allah kheirn for understanding and hope you are all doing fine! All my love and duas!
Back to top Go down

Sprucing up the place
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
๑۞๑ Welcome to Djazaïriya - the Algerian Women's Support Community Forum ๑۞๑  ::  Guidelines :: Comments-Suggestions-Questions-
Jump to: